Breaking The Silence (Level 1)
A Theatre of the Oppressed Workshop
7 – 11 June 2021
9am – 6pm
National Gallery Singapore
S$680 per pax
Conducted in English by Kok Heng Leun
Register now at bit.ly/BTSL1_Jun21
Registration closes on 28 May 2021
Early Bird Discount
Register by 14 May to enjoy a discounted rate of $600!
This workshop is eligible for SkillsFuture Singapore subsidy.
For queries, please email email@example.com or call 6324 5434.
This is the workshop for you if you want to cultivate reflexivity and develop critical thinking, analytical skills and a proactive approach towards problem-solving.
Who should attend this workshop?
- Social or community workers
- Arts educators
- Theatre practitioners
- Facilitators for dialogic learning
- Anyone who wants to know how to use Theatre of the Oppressed techniques in their work
What is Theatre of the Oppressed?
"Theatre of the Oppressed" (TO for short) is a system of theatre making developed by Brazilian theatre master Augusto Boal.
TO is a system with great emphasis on dialectical and dialogical learning. One of the most well-known tools of TO is Forum Theatre, whose most distinct feature is that it allows the audience onstage to replace actors and change the outcome of a play, turning passive spectators into proactive "spect-actors".
- Introduction to Theatre Games and Image Theatre as part of the Arsenal of "Theatre of the Oppressed"
- Understand the Pedagogy of the Oppressed
- Learn about the dramaturgy of a Forum Theatre Play
- Devise an "anti-model"
- Experience a Forum Theatre Session