Intro to Forum Theatre
|Language||English or Mandarin|
|Target Audience||Upper primary, Secondary, JC and tertiary students|
2 hours (for groups of up to 120 pax)
1.5 hours (for groups of more than 120 pax)
|Cost||$150 per hour, per facilitator|
How do we encourage our youths to engage in constructive dialogue about issues that matter to them, and be inspired to take positive action?
Here is a workshop that stimulates interactive learning, and through the use of Forum Theatre, allows your students to become critical thinkers and active learners!
What is Forum Theatre?
Forum Theatre originated from "Theatre of the Oppressed", established by Brazilian theatre master Augusto Boal.
The most distinct feature of Forum Theatre is that it turns passive spectators to become proactive "spect-actors", by allowing them onstage to replace actors and change the outcome of a play.
- To help students gain understanding to the form of Forum Theatre
- To promote constructive dialogue through the use of Forum Theatre
- To encourage critical thinking in students
- Warm-up activity
- Lecture on Forum Theatre
- Demonstration and participation
- Students will become critical thinkers through constructive dialogue by participating in Forum Theatre
As Drama Box is part of the Enhanced National Arts Council Arts Education Programme (Enhanced NAC-AEP), schools may use the TOTE Board Arts Grant to subsidise up to 50% of the cost.
Booking & Enquiries
(+65) 6324 5434