PLAY Creation (Forum Theatre)
Education THROUGH Theatre Workshop
|Language||English or Mandarin|
Secondary School, JC and Tertiary Students
(The lessons are customised according to the various levels)
|Student Size||20 - 30 per group|
|No. of Sessions||4 - 5 consecutive sessions|
|Cost||$150 per hour (min. 20 students)|
Some issues that we explore are
- Youth relationships with others (eg. parents, teachers, peers)
- Bullying (eg. cyber, peers)
- To aid students, be it during curriculum time or CCA sessions, in learning the skills to create an original piece of Theatre
- To help students devise small plays that are deep, original and personal to them
- Involves creative work that draws inspirations from the students’ lives
- Uses group work to facilitate the learning of devising, brainstorming of ideas and deepening of their thinking process
- Uses a well-informed pedagogy of Theatre techniques such as Games, Image Theatre and Forum Theatre to help students to learn to create a piece of performance to call their own
- Students will learn the processes needed to develop and properly structure a Play
- Students will learn about different styles of theatrical presentation
During the workshop, students will develop a short anti-model of a Forum Theatre piece, facilitated by our professional Jokers.
This programme is endorsed by the National Arts Council Arts Education Programme (NAC-AEP) and is eligible for the 50% Tote Board Arts Grant Subsidy.
Booking & Enquiries
(+65) 6324 5434
We can customise programmes according to your needs.
Please contact us for details.
St Michael's Primary School
Hougang Primary School